Monday, April 14, 2008

Different Views Of A Failed HDB Application

Source : The Straits Times, Apr 12, 2008

ACCORDING to the Housing Board, first-time applicants who have been unsuccessful for four times or more will be given an additional chance in the ballot for each subsequent unsuccessful attempt.

I have been unsuccessful in at least four exercises, and yet, the HDB tells me that I have been unsuccessful in only two attempts.

The HDB’s definition of unsuccessful is ‘not successful in the balloting’.

Those who have been given a number in the ballot but are yet unable to select a flat, because their numbers were so big or the quota had been filled, are considered ’successful’.

To me, the definition of “unsuccessful” is when I have put in an application, paid a fee and got nothing out of it.

The HDB should consider situations such as mine when it reviews the current application process.

Vilian Loh (Mdm)

No comments: