Monday, February 4, 2008

Bad Experiences With Unprofessional Housing Agents

Source : The Straits Times, Feb 4, 2008

I WOULD like to highlight some unpleasant experiences with housing agents in Singapore and, hopefully, I might find someone who shares the same problem as I do.

These happened while I was looking for an apartment to rent.

One housing agent advertise an apartment as renovated, but when we reached the apartment, we found that renovation had not been done, and that it would depend how much we had to offer.

Last week, an agent from PropNex advertised an apartment for rent. The ad stated the size of the flat and I even called to confirm the size and was also told that there was a maid room. But when we arrived, there was no maid room and the size of the flat was about 300 sq ft smaller.

I have written to PropNex about this incident, but have yet to get a reply.

Is there any real estate association in Singapore that governs these agents?

Melvenie Rasmussen (Mrs)

No comments: