Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Funeral Parlour In My Estate? I’m Dead Set Against It

Source : TODAY, Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Letter from SYED AHMAD

I REFER to the report “A funeral hub, Sir?” (Oct 8).

I have been a resident of Sin Ming Avenue for five years and have grown to love the area for its serene environment. I am already used to having a temple nearby and the traffic congestion that residents occasionally have to endure.

However, I do not understand why the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) is considering building another funeral parlour near the estate. To make matters worse, the proposed development is just 200m from a school.

Not only will property prices in the area drop, Sin Ming Avenue may also become known as the “Avenue of the Dead”.

I am “dead” set against my residential area becoming a funeral hub. Surely the URA can consider other places to construct a funeral parlour?

No comments: