Monday, October 8, 2007

Conditions Unchanged, Why 8% Rise In Flat Price?

Source : The Straits Times, Oct 8, 2007

I READ with interest the reply by the HDB, 'Fernvale flat prices: Comparisons inapt' (ST, Oct 2).

From the letter, it would seem that the pricing of units in the Build-To-Order project is justified. However, I would like to ask HDB to justify this.

I bought (although technically I leased) an executive apartment in Sengkang in January.

At the time of booking, the unit one floor below mine was going for $298,000. After six months, the same unit was going for $322,000.

Absolutely nothing was done to the unit to justify an 8 per cent increase in selling price, considering there was no change in facilities or 'improved design features'.

Another issue I would like to raise is the so-called subsidy new flat buyers like me are supposed to enjoy.

At the point of signing the lease agreement, my flat was priced at a mere $10,000 less than resale flats with similar qualities, that is, same cluster and same flat size. What is more, resale flats came renovated.

May I ask, where is the subsidy? It is unfair that I have to pay a levy of $50,000 for a price difference of only $10,000.

Liew Yi Xui (Ms)

No comments: